TASTE OF STUDIO
Saturday, August 1, 2015
First Floor Memorabilia Sale and Beer Garden: 12 noon — 8:00pm
Main Event: Taste of Studio: 4:00pm — 7:00pm
Mixology Lounge and Guest Bartenders: 4:00pm — 7:00pm
This summer, in conjunction with Midcity Dog Days, Studio is debuting a new fundraising event—Taste of Studio. The event will be expanded to include a multi-floor food and beverage experience featuring neighborhood restaurants and bars. Taste of Studio will also allow us to open our doors to our neighbors, and allow them to explore our three-building, four-performance space complex. Tickets are available online or at the door.
Explore the building
- For just $15, enjoy the first-floor Taste of Studio Beer Garden, including access to Studio’s memorabilia sale and one complimentary beverage. First-floor will also include giveaways.
- For $90 you can enjoy the first-floor Beer Garden as well as the second- and third-floor tasting rooms where you can enjoy sample-sized bites and sips from neighborhood restaurants including Hank’s Oyster Bar, B Too, Posto, Birch and Barley, Churchkey, Bluebird Bakery, Cava Mezze, Daikaya, Sweetgreen, and more. Want to see behind-the-scenes set designs? Grab a drink in the Shop with Studio's technical team. Also celebrate the Acting Conservatory's 40th year anniversary and participate in mini-workshops and demonstrations from faculty in Studio A.
- For $135 receive access to the entire event, including the 4th Floor Mixology Suite, featuring the 14th Street corridor’s favorite bartenders. Kick back with signature cocktails and watch the cast of Silence! The Musical perform vulgar and outrageous numbers from this laugh-out-loud spoof.
Teachers from the Studio Theatre Acting Conservatory will be leading 20 minute sessions on assorted acting techniques and styles. Brush up your acting chops with Studio experts during Taste of Studio.
- "Rediscover Your First Language-Movement" taught by: Cathy Eliot at 4:00pm and 4:25pm
- "Learn to Sing in 20 Minutes" taught by: George Fulginiti-Shaker at 4:50pm and 5:15pm
- "Upstairs Accent at Downton Abbey" taught by: Charlotte Graham at 5:40pm and 6:05pm
- "Getting the Gig: Audition Skills" taught by: Kate Debelack at 6:10pm and 6:35pm