From Virginia (5 different options):
- Take 395 north to the Route 1 exit. Continue on 14th Street north to P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- Take the Key Bridge to the Whitehurst Freeway. Go left on the Freeway, which becomes K Street. Continue on K Street to 14th Street. Make a left on 14th Street. Follow 14th Street for five blocks to P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- Take the Chain Bridge to Canal Road. Take Canal Road to the Whitehurst Freeway. Turn right on the Freeway, which becomes K Street. Continue on K Street to 14th Street. Make a left on 14th Street. Follow 14th Street for five blocks to P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- Take ramp onto I-66 east toward DC and go 17.5 miles. Take left ramp onto E Street Expressway toward E Street and go 0.6 miles. Take ramp onto E Street for 0.4 miles. Turn left on 17th Street for 0.5 miles. Turn right on K Street for 0.3 miles. Turn left on Vermont Avenue for 0.2 miles. Turn left on 14th Street for 0.3 miles. Arrive at 1501 14th Street NW, on the right. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- Take Memorial Bridge. Go left around the Lincoln Memorial to Constitution Avenue. Turn right on Constitution Avenue. Make a left on 14th Street. Follow 14th Street for five blocks to P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
From Maryland (2 options):
- Take 495 to Georgia Avenue. After two to three blocks, 16th Street diverges from Georgia Avenue on the right. Take 16th Street south to P Street. Turn left (east) on P Street to 14th Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- Take Massachusetts Avenue southeast to Thomas Circle (14th Street). Turn left on 14th Street. Drive two blocks to P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
Studio Theatre does not have its own parking garage, however we do have parking partnerships with both Parking Panda and the Washington Plaza Hotel. You can use Parking Panda to reserve and pay for parking at numerous parking garages near the Theatre (prices vary). You can also park at Washington Plaza Hotel without a reservation, and purchase $13 Washington Plaza Hotel parking vouchers at the Box Office. The main entrance to the Washington Plaza Hotel parking garage closes at 9pm, but the garage is still accessible through the hotel lobby.
There is limited street parking available in the neighborhood as well.
Guaranteed Reserved Parking
Studio Theatre has partnered with Parking Panda, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking near the Theatre. View real-time availability and pricing at many locations within easy walking distance to Studio Theatre.
Once purchased, parking is 100% guaranteed even if the location otherwise fills up. Simply present your purchase confirmation at the selected location, and this serves as your payment with no additional payments or fees ever. Parking availability is very limited, so it is strongly recommended that you purchase your parking for Studio Theatre in advance.
Click below to purchase parking or select a location from the interactive map:
DC Parking powered by Parking Panda
PARKING AT The WASHINGTON PLAZA HOTEL
Parking spaces are available for Studio Theatre patrons in the Washington Plaza Hotel parking garage at 10 Thomas Circle NW, three blocks from the Theatre. These parking spaces are subject to availability, and we encourage patrons to arrive early.
Instructions for parking at the Washington Plaza Hotel garage:
- Drive directly into the garage (accessible from Vermont Street and from Thomas Circle) and park your car. Payment is not required upon entrance.
- Purchase a parking voucher from the Studio Theatre Box Office, which opens a half hour before your performance. These parking vouchers are currently priced at $13. You may pay with cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
- Upon exiting the garage after your performance, present your parking voucher to the garage attendant. If you did not purchase a parking voucher at the Theatre, or if you misplace it, you will need to pay the garage attendant the standard parking fee of $17.
Studio Theatre cannot be held liable for damage to patrons’ cars or loss or theft of personal belongings.
Street parking is extremely limited on the blocks surrounding Studio Theatre. Street parking spaces are metered with varying time restrictions. Please note that there are no spaces specifically reserved for handicap parking on the block immediately surrounding the Theatre.
Disability parking placards/permits or tags from DC or any state allow you to:
- Park in any parking space designated for a disabled person.
- Park for double the posted time in any metered spaces without paying the meter.
Disability parking privileges DO NOT allow you to stop, stand or park in the following areas:
- Where parking is prohibited.
- In spaces reserved for other special types of vehicles.
- Where it would clearly present a traffic hazard.
Please note: Parking privileges may vary by jurisdiction. Private parking facilities, such as airport parking lots, may restrict the time and parking for vehicles displaying disability parking placards/permits or tags.
- RED LINE: From the Dupont Circle Metro Stop: Walk five blocks east on P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- ORANGE/BLUE LINES: From the McPherson Square Metro Stop: Walk seven blocks north on 14th Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
- GREEN/YELLOW LINES: From the U Street/Cardozo Metro Stop: Walk six blocks south on 13th Street. Make a right and walk one block west on P Street. Studio is on the northeast corner of 14th and P streets NW.
Studio Theatre is located on the following Metro Bus lines:
- On 14th Street: 52,53 and 54
- On P Street: The G2
For further information visit www.wmata.com.
We are also on the Circulator bus route. The Circulator bus stops immediately across from the Theatre at 14th and P Streets NW.
For further information visit www.dccirculator.com.
Thanks to two of Studio Theatre’s community partners, the Washington Area Bicyclist Association and the District Department of Transportation, there are three bike racks in front of the theatre that can be used to lock up a total of six bicycles.