Studio Theatre update on COVID-19 as of June 19, 2020
To our patrons and community,
To ensure the safety of its artists, patrons, and staff during the ongoing uncertainty and threat posed by COVID-19, Studio Theatre will begin its subscription season in January 2021 with a truncated four-play 2020-2021 season.
Here is what this means for you:
• We will present four plays next season rather than seven. If you are a subscriber who has already renewed for the 2020-2021 season, more information is below
• Studio plans to run each production for a longer period to allow for low seating capacity in our theatres in observance with social distancing
• Because of the need for lighter occupancy in our theatres, we anticipate very limited seating availability for 2020-2021 season productions
• We are exploring the potential for virtual or streamed performances to share our work with more audiences and provide options for how to experience our work
• Studio is revisiting Front of House and Concessions protocol, changing how we operate to create as safe an environment as possible for patrons, artists, and staff. We will relay specifics when they become available
• We are hard at work on locking in the 2020-2021 season and will announce productions as soon as possible
• Online subscription renewals are unavailable at this time. Current subscribers who want to renew for the 2020-2021 season should contact our Box Office directly at 202.332.3300 or email@example.com
If you have already renewed your subscription, the value of your tickets to one Main Series play and two Studio X productions—which are no longer included our 2020-2021 season—have been added as a credit on your account.
Fill out this form to let us know what you would like to do with these tickets. There are a number of options available to you:
• Donate your tickets back to Studio. Donating the value of your tickets helps us support the people behind the work you love, prepare to return strong, and keep us afloat during this crisis
• Keep the funds as an on-account credit. The value of your tickets will be kept on your account and can be applied toward a future purchase
• Refund. We will issue a refund for the value of these tickets, or for your entire subscription if you decide you can no longer join us for the 2020-2021 season
If you had tickets to canceled 2019-2020 season productions—including Pass Over, Fun Home, and Aspen Ideas—and have not already done so, complete this form by June 30, 2020 to let us know what you would like to do with your tickets. After that deadline, we will assume that you want the tickets to remain a credit on your account.*
Canceling performances—let alone closing its facilities entirely—places tremendous financial strain on any theatre. Together with Studio Theatre's Board of Directors, our patron have helped to raise $545,000 to help us brace against this crisis, resume our work on stage quickly, and retain as many members of our team as possible during this prolonged period of being closed to the public.
Donate now to join them in help guarantee that Studio will remain a fixture of 14th Street and DC's wider arts community.
Virtual Box Office: Our Box Office is working remotely. Phones are open Tuesday – Friday from Noon – 4 p.m. The Box Office can be reached at 202.332.3300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Bear with us as we process a higher than normal call volume.
Closed to the public: Our building will remain closed to the public for the foreseeable future, until DC government deems it safe to reopen.
Work from home: We are implementing a “work from home” policy for all non-critical staff.
If you have questions, visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
We will provide further updates as they are available.
*on-account credits may not be used toward the purchase of tickets to future fundraising events