Things to Know | Studio 2ndStage
by Mike Bartlett
Directed by David Muse
1st Rehearsal: Tuesday, April 15, 2014
1st Performance: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Scheduled Close: Sunday, June 22, 2014
John: Male, mid-late 20s, British. Attractive. Thin. The desired center of a love triangle that includes M and W. He has been out for many years but falls for a woman. Confused about what he wants in his life.(Side 1, Side 2, Callback Side)
M: Male, early-mid 30s, British, John’s more secure boyfriend. Very put together, a successful stock broker, comfortable about his identity as a contemporary gay man. Witty and cunning. Always seems to have a snide remark waiting for any occasion. (Side 1, Side 2, Callback Side)
W: Female, late 20s, British, attractive and charismatic. She is the woman that John has been sleeping with while “on a break” from his relationship with M. Confident and not afraid to deliver her opinion.(Side 1, Side 2, Callback Side)
F: Male, 50-60s, British, father of M. Regular guy. Of a different generation, he has come to accept his son’s homosexuality and has evolved “modern” views. Comes to the defense of his son’s relationship during an already awkward dinner party. Witty and funny.(Side 1 and Side 2)
CARRIE the musical
Music by Michael Gore
Lyrics by Dean Pitchford
Book by Lawrence D. Cohen
Based on the novel by Stephen King
Directed by Keith Alan Baker
Co-Directed by Jacob Janssen
1st Rehearsal: Monday, June 9, 2014
1st Performance: Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Extension Close: Sunday, August 31, 2014
Back to top
Things to know. . .
- The Studio Theatre operates under an Actors Equity Small Professional Theatre Contract and participates in the Equity Membership Candidate Program.
- Equity Principal Auditions for each main stage production begin approximately two weeks after the season is announced. Please check back on this website, on the "Casting Call" section of Equity's website, or the local Equity Audition Hotline, for more details.
- Every year The Studio Theatre's casting representatives attend The League of Washington Theatre's Open Auditions Contact the League for information, 202-638-4270) and the DC/Baltimore/Northern Virginia Equity Liaison Committee Auditions (Contact the Liaison Committee for information).
- Non-Equity open calls are held for each 2ndstage production, approximately three times a year. Watch the this page for dates and times.
- Production auditions are held throughout the season by invitation.
- Auditioning Classes are held every semester in The Studio Theatre Acting Conservatory.
- Submit photo/resume to: Casting, The Studio Theatre, 1501 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20005. The Studio Theatre does not acknowledge receipt of submissions except to schedule an audition appointment when appropriate. Photo/resumes are kept on file for five years from date of receipt.
- If you are called for an audition, please bring your newest photo/resume to keep our files up to date.
Submit photo/resume to:
The Studio Theatre
1501 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Back to top